Inquiry or Pay Tax Bill

Change of Mailing Address

Taxpayer's Return of Real Property


Exemptions Chart



Mobile Homes

Auto Tags

Suspend Registration

Email Us

Appeal Process



Please Note:

Because documentation is required, all applications must be made in person at the Tax Commissionerís Office any time during the year but must be made by April 1st of the year to apply for that year's tax bill.

Disabled Veteran or Widow(er)

If you are a 100% disabled veteran (service related disability) you may qualify for a Disabled Veteran Exemption which will provide additional savings in your property tax bill. This is a $77,307 exemption off the 40% assessed value of your home. The unremarried widow(er) who is actually continuously occupying the residence may continue to receive this same exemption.

Disabled Person

If you are 100% disabled and meet certain income requirements then you may qualify for the Disabled Person Exemption which will provide additional reductions in your property tax bill. You must provide Georgia Income Tax Records to qualify.

65 Years of Age or Older

If you were 65 years of age or older by January 1st and the Georgia Taxable Income (Line 15 of your Georgia Tax Return) of both husband and wife (joint return) is less than $15,000 on your previous year’s tax return, you may be entitled to a 100% school exemption with Fayette County. Proof of age and tax returns are needed to apply for this exemption. Qualifying for this exemption would relieve your tax bill of all school and school bond taxes.

If you were 65 years of age or older by January 1st but did not meet the income qualifications for the above exemption, you would still be entitled to 50% off the school and school bond taxes.

62-65 Years of Age

If you are 62 years of age by January 1st, you can qualify for the exemption that would raise your school exemption from $2,000 to $4,000. Proof of age (drivers license) is all that is required to qualify.

Basic Homestead

If you own and occupied the residence on January 1st, you qualify for the basic homestead. Please bring in recorded warranty deed or settlement statement and have a GA license at the time of filing.